Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Changing Seasons

Well, here we are! It's already December 3rd! Where does all the time go? I came down with a cold around Thanksgiving, and have been slowly recovering from that. Now I feel like I'm so behind. I have so many things to do, and it seems, not much time. I like to get all the Christmas decorations, lights, and the tree up on the 1st of December. We get a real tree, and I make wreaths, garlands, paper snowflakes, put the lights up, wrap the gifts, and decorate the tree. This year I also decided to make alot of the gifts I will be giving. On top of everything else my house needs a good cleaning, and organizing. It would be so easy to let it overwhelm me, to worry and stress over the little stuff, but in the midst of all I have to do I came to this simple realization...none of it matters. Sure, it would be nice to have a clean house, and all the lovely handmade gifts and decorations that I planned on. In short, it would be nice to be wonder woman, but I'm not. Anyway, I was thinking about all I have to do yesterday, and then I started thinking "what is it all about, this day called Christmas?". As the name clearly suggests, it is about Christ, pure and simple. The 25th of December is the day set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. After I had a good think I felt very peaceful. So with all the things I want to get done, I'll keep that in mind, and I'll remember what is truly important. I still plan to decorate, clean, bake, and create, but I'm not going to stress about that little dust bunny(even though it might be the size of an elephant) in the corner, or a lopsided bow. After all, my relatives aren't coming to see the garland over our door, are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails