Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recipe Time


(My lunch today, noodles, with alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese, and chives from my yard. And for dessert a lovely fresh raspberry from our garden)

~Easy, Simple, and Fast Homemade Noodles~

I learned this recipe from my best friend (she is also now my sister-in-law)

2 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
Broccoli Florets (optional)
Water

Fill a medium sized pot with water, and bring to a boil. While you wait for the water to boil, combine flour and eggs in a small bowl, and mix until you get a stiff sticky dough. Place dough on a well floured surface, and knead for a couple of minutes. Spread out with a rolling pin, then cut dough to desired shapes (A pizza cutter works very well for this). Drop noodles into boiling water, and wait for them to rise to the surface. Stir occasionally until noodles are done, about 5 mins. Most of the time I add some broccoli florets in with the noodles while they cook. adding broccoli might add a little to the cooking time, but not much.

Serving suggestions: I like to serve my noodles and broccoli with homemade alfredo sauce, sprinkled with shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped chives, Lemon pepper catfish, and sauteed garlic mushrooms.

Enjoy!

If you would like any of the other recipes I mentioned, then let me know, and I will post them for you.

Recipes to come in the future:

Sauteed Okra

Leek Soup

Yeast Bread

Thick hearty Chicken and Dumplings

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails