Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Corner

Well, in my corner of the world there is a good bit going on right now. First of all I want to say how sweet and wonderful my husband(Brian)is. On Friday he brought me a beautiful box of truffles from one of my favorite chocolate shops(http://www.shopbradleys.com/). Aren't they just lovely?



Spring is coming so fast, and I'm so excited this year! We have been planning our garden, and this weekend we have started to make it happen. We have bought plants and seeds, tools and compost, ordered seeds and plants from online, and we are starting to work. Yesterday we were out most of the day buying supplies, and last night I spent making little seedling pots from the insides of paper towel and toilet paper rolls that I have been saving for that purpose. Today we spent most of the day outside, and Brian also went to get a few more things from the store that we had forgotten on Saturday. I have gotten lots of seeds started in pots, and also gotten a place in the shade ready for my spinach. We would have gotten the spaces for the garden beds tilled up(There is grass there now), but the tiller would not start because it needs a new part. Brian ordered the part online, and it should be getting here sometime this week.




Plants we plan to have in our garden: two types of raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, sugar snap peas, bush beans, radishes, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, green onions, garlic, spinach, asparagus, and lots of types of flowers.

I already have a few herbs in my yard. The lady who lived here before us grew some in the yard, and I also have some chives that I brought.

I want to get some dwarf cherry trees for the side yard eventually, and I want to try to grow mushrooms. I just want to try everything!

I have lots of new ideas for my Etsy shop, and I am very excited about them! Can't wait to get some done, so I can share them all with you, but that will have to wait till I can find a spare moment. Just a sneak peak of something new...





So many things have been making me happy recently, and I will share a few with you. First off the coming spring is making me sooooo happy, and excited, and here are some pictures of a few of the other things that make me happy recently.


A pillow at a store on Market Square in Knoxville.



My new cutting board that we bought yesterday.


This beautiful flower blooming on a bush in my yard.

Blissful Country Summer4
And last, but not least, my most recent Blissful Country Summer treasury that I just completed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy. Spring must come earlier for you then here in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden plans sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails